Monday, January 10, 2011

A Beggar & A King

A well known joke by Mr. Shahbuddin Rathod, but with a hidden morale:

One day a king was roaming in his chariot to see the position of the state. One beggar was moving on the footpath of the road carrying a bulky bag on his head. He appeared very tired and weak and was walking with great efforts. The king got disturbed seeing this and offered the beggar to come on the Chariot so that he may leave him to his destination.

Though beggar agreed and sat on the chariot but he continued keeping the bag on his head. King said, “You may put it down man”. Beggar replied, “Lord, it is my pleasure that you have obliged me to sit on your chariot but I should not give the burden of this bulky and heavy bag to you or your chariot. Let me continue to lift this weight on my head. I would not give further burden to your chariot”.


Morale – Though we find the people saying that we are traveling in the chariot of God. He is only the Generator, Operator & Destroyer. We have to merely travel in his chariot (This world) as per his will. But with this fact, we continue to keep the heavy bag of Worries and Pain on our head.

Why cant a man go to the temple and pray, “AB SONP DIYA IS JEEWAN KA SAB BHAR TUMHARE HATHON ME, HAI JEET TUMHARE HATHON ME, HAI HAAR TUMHARE HATHON ME, SIRF KARM HAI MERE HATHO ME” (Now I have assigned my life to you Lord, now the victory or otherwise is in your hand only. I would just keep doing my selfless work).

No comments:

Post a Comment